David Babaii Instant Straight Smoothing Balm Review


David Babaii Instant Straight Smoothing Balm 100mL
RRP- $24.95

David Babaii Instant Straight Smoothing Balm is created especially for frizzy, wavy, kink-prone or curly hair. This heat-activated smoothing balm is the instant answer for smooth sleek locks which last. This concentrated styling product is infused with natural extracts and frizz fighting functional actives to calm, relax and smooth hair. Using Moringa Oil to hydrate, Phytenso (Soy Complex) to relax and smooth hair and Phyto Stem Cell extract to nourish hair follicles and fight frizz whilst revitalising damaged tresses. This lightweight balm locks in moisture, seals the cuticle and gives you straight and smooth hair for up to 24 hours, even in high humidity.

DIRECTIONS: Apply a small amount to towel dried hair, concentrating on mid lengths and ends. Comb through. Style hair as desired. For best results, use in conjunction with heat (hair dryer, straightener etc) to lock balm in.

I don’t think I can even come close to the smell of this product, but it is a very sweet clean kind of smell. It doesn’t have a smell in particular but more like a whole heap of nice things combined.  All I know it the smell of this product is great, like all of David Babaii products.

I love this smoothing balm, it is one of the only “balms” that doesn’t make my hair look oily and like it has not been washed for days. As I have said before in previous posts the colder wetter weather makes my hair lovely and frizzy for some reason and I only straighten my hair when I am going out due to the frizzy factor. But now I have this product in my bathroom I can go back to straightening my hair hail, rain or shine.

I don’t know why but I also find this product to be a great match for those who like to wear hair chalk. It assists in the colour from the chalk sticking to your hair and not ending up all over your clothes.

After receiving this product for review I actually went out and bought one for my mum as she was complaining the other day about frizzy hair  (I suppose this is where I get my frizziness from.)

I also receive multiple releases from David Babaii and a lot of them have celebrities that have had their hair all done up for events with their products. Some of these celebrities include Uma Thurman at the MET Gala and even Gwyneth Paltrow. Now if you ask me, if these products are good enough for the celebrities then it will be more then good enough for me and my hair.