Golden Globes Worthy | Macadamia Natural Oil

A little while back now all eyes were on the ladies of the Golden Globes. Whether is was criticism or love for their outfits or makeup/hair the prying eyes of the press were on them.

One lady in particular caught my eye, and that was of course the stunning Naomi Watts’. Everything about her on the day was perfect including her amazing blonde locks created by Giannandrea.


Now I don’t have short hair like Naomi and my hair certainly is not blonde, but this was a look I wanted to create with my own hair.

It has been a while since I wore my hair completely straight as it is just so long and can weigh the top of my head down and make it look like I have no volume at all. But after seeing the ladies of the Golden Globes pull it off, I thought now was my chance to see how it goes.


Editorial and Celebrity Hair Stylist, Giannandrea (The Wall Group), whose roster of clients include Naomi Watts, Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson, worked his magic on Naomi Watt’s hair for the 71st annual Golden Globes using Macadamia Natural Oil hair products.

Watts wore her long bob (LOB) sleek and straight with a side-part for a super-chic look to compliment her embellished retro halter gown with sheer side cut outs by Tom Ford. “We opted for a straight blowout to feed off the sexiness and edginess of her dress,” Giannandrea explained. To get her hair red carpet ready, Giannandrea had Watts prep hair the night before with (1) Flawless, Macadamia Natural Oil’s cleansing conditioner. Flawless is an innovative 6-in-1 cleansing system that cleanses, conditions, cuts blow dry time in half, detangles, enhances volume and eliminates frizz.
To create this look I did have a little help and I did copy the exact steps celebrity hair stylist Giannandrea used on Naomi Watts’ hair.

Giannandrea’s Five Easy Steps to get Naomi Watt’s Golden Globes look:
1.            Cleanse and condition with Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless (RRP from $42.95) the night before
2.     Spray hair with Macadamia Natural Oil Luxurious Oil Spray (RRP from $39.95) before blow-drying
3.     Blow-dry hair with large round bristle brush like the Macadamia Natural Oil Large Hot Tube Brush (RRP from $32.95)
4.     Separate 2.5 cm sections of hair and spray with Macadamia Natural Oil Control Hairspray (RRP from $29.95) before flat-ironing entire head 
5.     Finish the look by running fingers through hair with Macadamia Natural Oil Luxurious Oil Treatment (RRP from $42.95)

While using these products I may have found the next best thing since Argan Oil for your hair. And by far smells so much more pleasant, I honestly cannot get enough of this product.


Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque- Is what I used on my hair the night before to make sure my locks were hydrated and looking their best. The way this product smells people around me would certainly think I have stepped out of the salon with one of their treatments. It is amazing and leaves my hair looking and smelling fresh and clean.  It also did not leave my hair oily the next day like a lot of the masques on the market do to my hair, which is also a massive bonus.


Macadamia Natural Oil Control Hairspray- Was used the exact way Giannandrea’s used it in Watts’ hair. I just sprayed a tiny amount on the area where I was working and then straightened away. I found that the less I used the better it worked and turned out.  This also did not have the horrid chemical smell most hairsprays had and also left your hair smelling great. Let me tell you by the time my look was completed I don’t think I even had to wear perfume to smell lovely.


Macadamia Natural Oil Luxurious Oil Treatment and then the Luxurious Oil Spray- For me this the same product just with different packaging and consistencies. For obvious reasons the spray is a lot less thick then the treatment in the squirt bottle, so it can be sprayed out properly. As I have just said the oil treatment is a lot thicker and a little bit goes a heck of a long way. My hair is almost down to my bum and two squirts covered the lot. Where as with the spray I had to use 5-6 sprays all over my head to cover it nicely.
With both of these products I used them on my hair as soon as I got out of the shower and towel dried it. I then went on my way and blow-dried it as normal.


Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless-  At first I had no idea how I was going to go about using this product and what on earth you did with it. I thought that maybe it was like a dry shampoo, that is until I read up about it on the bottle and followed the instructions.
For me this product has been a real life saver while showering with two broken toes. After a few minutes my good foot gets sore from taking all the weight and I start to slip and slide around and get really annoyed- so this is where this has saved me from having to wash, condition and treat my hair in the shower.

The flawless comes out of the can like a mousse would and all you do is apply it to your hair, let it rest for a few minutes then rinse. That is literally all you have to do and your hair is washed and treated! And my hair came out so silky soft and smelling great after using this… I know what product takes the top shelf spot in my shower now- this!!

This was also the product stated above that Watts’ used the night before to prep her hair J



Let me tell you after using all this amazing Macadamia Natural Oil products I felt like a million bucks and hitting the red carpet somewhere. 

Not only did I love these product but my little one wanted in on the hairstyling- who was I to say no??



Golden Globe images supplied by Getty Images

Products can be found and purchased from the below website :-) :-)