Baby Bistro Review

Just thinking about putting something into my girl’s mouth that has come straight out of the jar like Heinz jars. I know they have the ingredients written on the back, but how do we know they are the real ingredients- or what about those big words both in and out of brackets.

I used to be one of the mums that if I had to buy off the shelves or conveniently buy baby food, I would always go for organic or the smaller brands that claim to be homemade etc.


One brand I have come across recently that caught my eye and my girl’s tummies is the Baby Bistro Range.

I came across them when searching for homemade food in Australia. They do come frozen but all the ingredients are written clearly on the back and you can also see what is in the tub (and smell.)

There are two tubs that really stand out for me and stood out from the rest.

The first is:
Organic Macaroni and Cheese with a Twist (12 Months to 5 Years+) $7.95


This is Baby Bistro’s unique twist on an old favourite… macaroni & cheese with spinach. It’s the steamed and blended organic spinach that really sets this meal apart. No other vegetable has more vitamin K than spinach, and vitamin K is a bone growth superfood. Spinach is also very high in vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, B2… the list goes on.
This meal wouldn’t be complete without delicious cheddar cheese that’s full of calcium and protein for strong bones and growing muscles, and parmesan cheese for extra flavour.
Toddler Mains are available in 200gm per serve Suitable from (12 Months to 5 Years+)
Organic Ingredients: Brown Rice Pasta (Certified Organic Brown Rice Flour), Spinach, Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Milk, Butter, Wholemeal Spelt Flour (contains gluten)
Madison has never in her life eaten Macaroni and cheese so this was a little trial for her- and to be honest I have never had it either. I did have a little taste and also fell in love and jumped onto www.taste.com.au to find a recipe.

Personally I love mac and cheese but I have never made it from scratch, and usually just buy the packet stuff and add some vegetables in it. 

Organic ABC Minestrone (12 Months to 5 Years+) $7.95

ABC Minestrone is full of green veggies like beans, which contain lots of the essential vitamins and minerals that keep little hearts and lungs nice and healthy, and peas, which help keep blood sugar at a healthy level. Celery is a good source of antioxidants and zucchini is full of dietary fibre for a healthy tummy.

Baby Bistro’s ABC Minestrone is made with Glutine free Corn Pasta for a little bit of extra fun and topped off with tasty parmesan cheese to create a delicious, warm and healthy meal perfect for growing bodies.


Toddler Mains are available in 200gm per serve Suitable from 12 Months to 5 Years+
Organic Ingredients: Chicken Stock (Water, Free range Chicken, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Herbs), Potato, Carrots, Zucchini, Celery, Brown Onion, Green Beans, Peas, Corn Pasta (corn flour, water) (gluten-free), Tomato Puree, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic

One thing I was always taught when introducing food to my girls is to make it fun. The ABC minestrone is not only yummy but also educational.  I have no idea why when I add so many vegetables to the minestrone the girls don’t like eating it and to be honest I think with over doing the vegetables it just starts tasting a little funny until you get the perfect balance. At least when giving this to my kids there is no need to play around with a balance on veg as Baby Bistro has got it perfect.

Organic Apple and Cinnamon Delight 6m+ $4.05

I could have eaten this straight out of the pot myself and devoured the lot. I used to make extra puree when making it for the girls just so that I could eat it or have it with my pork. This however has an amazing cinnamon twist that I absolutely LOVE and so do my girls.

My 5 year old tried it and told me it is like eating a cinnamon donut while taking a bit of an apple- strangely enough she was spot on.

It is a great one to have either hot or cold and enjoyed to the last drop. Madison is 2 and she liked the container clean- not a single drop left.

There is quite a range of different flavours and ages in food so there will certainly be something for your little one. It makes life so much easier for us busy mums to be able to whip something up straight out of the freezer.



I suggest all you mummies and daddies out there head to www.babybistro.com.au