Richard O'Brien's Rocky Horror Show Returns for the 40th Anniversary


It's astounding, time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely, not for very much longer
I've got to keep control.


Happy Anniversary to you, Happy Anniversary to you. Happy 40th Anniversary Rocky Horror Show, Happy anniversary to YOU!!! 40 whole years from a show that was only ever meant to be a limited thing and never carry on this far.

Who would have thought 40 years on (older then myself) this show would still be going strong and appeal to an audience of my age bracket still.

Having been invited to the media launch of The Rocky Horror Show I felt a little out of place being probably one of the handful of youngens there but at the same time it was soo good to see the oldies there with their smiles on and ready to roar. I am not ashamed I absolutely LOVE The Rocky Horror Show and my first memory of the movie was actually when I snuck out of my bedroom one night and almost commando crawled down the hallway to make sure I was not caught out of bed. Then when the TV was in sight I just laid there on my stomach watching in complete awe and feeling like a total rebel as the transvestites rocked their fishnets.  I did not make it through the whole movie and fell asleep on the floor in the hallway (I still have no idea how I woke up in the morning on my bed.)
©

So it was an absolute honour to be apart of this amazing launch and release and being one of the first people to find out who the cast were for this stage production.

In the distance behind me I heard that ever so popular Rocky Horror Show voice over fill the Comedy Theatre and thinking it was a pre-recording only to turn around and find out it was the harmonious voice of Craig McLachlan, may I add that kid has got better looking with age (he looked fab and not a year over 35.)

©

Then after Craig had a little chat about the show and told us what the show meant to him we were greeted by some of the cast that will be playing the characters on The Rocky Horror Show.

©
The first face that I picked out was actually Tim Maddren.. Yup Tim from Hi 5 is back and looking mighty fine. I had a big crush on this boy back in his hi-5 days and having a five year old daughter I had an excuse to watch him day in and day out which was fine by me haha. 

©
Second face that jumped out at me was Erika Heynatz- I watched her play one of the Delta Girls at the stage show Legally Blonde and just loved her acting. She also has a killer body that I would die for and the 6 pac of a goddess (probably even better.) Her smile lights up the entire stage and she is a perfect fit for Magenta.

©
Ok then the last one to catch my eye was of course the absolutely divine Brendon Irving who will be playing our main man Rocky. I know my partner will probably kill me when he sees this but WOWIE, that man has a body… Do you want to know how I know that? Because the amazing Brendon stripped off to his little gold hot shorts and gave us a teaser of what is to come on The Rocky Horror Show; I have never heard a bunch of old ladies scream in excitement like they did when that shirt came off.
©

Also on the stage was Ashlea Pyke who will be playing Columbia and also Nicholas Christo who will be playing Eddie/ Dr Scott.

I love that the Melbourne show will be at the Comedy Theatre as it is soo intimate and as it was said on the night, no seat is a bad seat.

©
I actually walked out of the Comedy Theatre with a sore stomach and probably a 6pac like Erika after all the laughing that was done.  All day today I have been singing these lines over and over again… Feel free to sing along and do the moves like I am typing up this post:
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!

Let me tell you I have never seen the Time Warp look so good until Brendon moved his muscles to this catchy little song that almost sums up The Rocky Horror Show.

©
I cannot wait to get my little bottom off to this show and see the entire show and not just the teaser J

©
So here are the deets and head here to get your tickets or become apart of the waitlist for Melbourne, which I have a feeling will completely sell out.


©



© © ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN BY ME AND ARE COMPLETELY COPYRIGHT © ©