Spooktober Series // Frank's Popping Monster Bar Recipe

BBBRRRR---AAAAAA---IIIIII-NNNNNNS

I never was a fan of Halloween and it kind of annoyed me that Australia couldn't come up with original ideas and had to try and be even more American. 

But since becoming a Mum I'm all about letting my kids express themselves and like their own things. I don't want my opinions to shape and create a clone, I want them to both be original. 

So when October comes around they are all about the Halloween scene and dressing up, making delicious treats (this part I'm not complaining about) and of course trick or treating (yet to let them as I'm scared what's out there haha, warewolves maybe?)

This year I decided I would dive and I mean right into the deep end on the whole Halloween thing after being inspired by Cruise Tips by Carnival - yes maybe I was also dreaming of lazing around on the deck and sipping my very large glass of wine (wouldn't that be nice). 

So I am creating a series of ghoulish posts to keep in the theme of Spooktober. The first one being some scrumptious treats Mummy, Daddy and the girls made- we do just about everything as a family as we find it great bonding time. It also gives the girls experience in the kitchen and they will thank us when they spread their wings and jump coup. 



So all you need to make these POPPING FRANK’s MONSTER BARS:

INGREDIENTS


   3 tablespoons butter
   280gms marshmallows (one packet)
   6 cups rice bubbles (we got the Halloween themed ones)
   10 drops green food colouring or until you get the right colour you're after- we used the Wilton green gel from Spotlight.
   1 bag of Cadbury Melting chocolate 
   White m&ms for eyes and food safe marker- we used black food colour and a paint brush


FRANK’S STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS


   Melt the butter in a large pot and add the marshmallows. Stir until they are all melted!

 Add in the food coloring and stir until it turns green.


 Add rice bubbles a little bit at a time and stir to combine.


 Press rice bubbles into a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Press flat and let cool.

 Let rice bubbles treats sit for about 30 minutes.
   Remove from pan and cut into squares.



 Melt Chocolate according the package directions. Dip the tops of the Rice bubble treats into the melted chocolate.


  Lay on a sheet of wax paper (or a plate).
   Use some of the melted chocolate and \"glue\" on the candy eyes.


 Fill a zip lock bag with some of the melted chocolate, snip an end off and pipe a stitch mouth onto Frankenstein's Monster.

   Let the Frankenstein's Monster Rice Bubble Treats sit for about 20 minutes undisturbed or until the chocolate has hardened.



If you’re stuck for ideas this Halloween, or are a complete rookie to the Halloween scene Cruise Tips by Carnival have a couple of really cool inspo posts to get those braaaaaain fluids pumping. Just head to the link below for their Tasty Treats post.




*All Photos are my own and COPYRIGHT to 3B’s, please ask before saving images for reproduction.