FAMILY// When is it too young? // Boost Mobile + WIN A SAMSUNG thanks to Boost Mobile

I know without a doubt I am about to be judged and have a whole heap of criticism thrown at me for this one.

From the moment you become a parent though, other parents and even those who don’t have children will judge you and tell you how to bring up your child. Don’t use disposable nappies, make sure its only certain washes, don’t feed them formula and I could go on for days.

You know what makes someone a bad parent?? Judging other parents in how to bring up their child and having something negative to say about the things other parents do. Maybe instead of abusing other parents you should invest your time into bettering your parenting, as not a single parent on this planet is perfect.

You learn through your mistakes, and then when the children get older they can also learn from you mistakes no matter how big or small.



Now for the controversial topic, or more to the point what my daughter got early for her birthday. A Boost Samsung phone! Yup, judge all you like tell me I’m a crap parent.

Miss H is turning 8 in September and with her in primary school, me working and also shuffling appointments sometimes I won’t always make it to her on time. Ok, I could ring the school but I wonder how many calls the school get with parents running late. And to be quite frank, I would rather be able to contact Miss H directly, period!

I think I was in grade 6 when I landed my first Nokia 3310 and that was also young, but I had to catch buses and Mum was scared of something happening.  Might I add that I was in grade 6 many light years ago and times since then have changed!

Instead of textbooks Miss H’s school have iPad’s and then take-home laptops in Senior school. So unless you want to remain stuck in the Stone Age you need to move forward in time and allow your child to move with technology as well.

Lately I have been watching more and more kids walk out of school with phones to their ears or in their hands.


Rather then having a non-destructible brick phone Miss H has been lucky enough to score herself a Samsung Galaxy J2 with Boost.
For only $199, the Samsung Galaxy J2 has a host of high-end features you’d expect from Samsung’s Galaxy series, without the expensive price tag.
Boost is on the Telstra network, which Mr M is also on and without a doubt gets way better reception then I do with Optus. Anywhere Mr M gets reception Miss H also gets reception- I’ve found myself texting off her phone when I don’t get reception at the farm.



As with everything inside and outside of the home I will be laying some ground rules (Miss H is very good with rules and is yet to break one). She isn’t allowed to take her phone out of her bag during school hours or before school. She can only message/ring those in her phonebook and she doesn’t know her own number so she cannot give it out to ANYONE.



If I am running late and know I won’t get out in time I can send her a text and just let her know to hang back in the office.  She also feels like she is older and more responsible now she has a phone as well, I think it’s actually quite cute.

Unlike her Mummy (I use the excuse of being a blogger so need to constantly check emails and social media for being on my phone) though when she gets home she doesn’t have her Boost mobile and will be packed into her bag for the next day.

I have looked at the big picture and there really is no major threat with her having a phone as long as she knows how to use it properly and is well educated.

I’ve even been able to add some educational and fun apps to her phone, so instead of playing on my phone while out Miss H can happily play on her own (maybe showing her phone off a little to her sister).

You don’t have to agree with our decision to give our 8 year old a phone, but I am a strong believer in moving with technology- so outside of my cave I’ll go.

Deets on the Samsung Galaxy J2:
·      EXCLUSIVE TO BOOST MOBILE
·      IT'S NOT JUST A SCREEN
The generous 4.7” qHD Super AMOLED display, will make all your content as clear as day.
·      EXPANDABLE MEMORY
That's right, with one of those little Micro SD cards, you can expand its brain to up to 128GB.
·      STYLE FOR DAYS
We expect amazing design from the Samsung Galaxy range and with sleek, smooth edges, the J2 carries on this tradition. Also means I have had to purchase a screen protector and case for Miss H as I can’t take the risk with her clumsy ways.
·      POWER UNDER THE HOOD
The 1.3Ghz quad-core processor lets you do what you want, when you want.... and all at once if you feel like it. AKA sounds like high tech stuff that I have absolutely no idea what it means- guessing it means the phone is fast haha.

WHERE CAN YOU GET YOUR BOOST SAMSUNG J2?
           The Samsung J2 is available at JB HiFi ,from all other Boost Mobile retailers and online at boost.com.au. Major retailers include Big W and Target.



WIN a Samsung J2 thanks to 3B's & Boost


http://boost.com.au