CoolXChange to the rescue



For a gym junky like myself, taking a step back (maybe more like a leap) from the gym was a big deal and took a bit to accustom myself to the no gym life. I learn that I had Chondromalacia Patellae, which is basically a fancy term for damage to my cartilage at the back of my patella (kneecap).




For the past maybe 7 months I have battled with constant pain to my knees, more so my left. But I have been able to manage and am trying to hold off from surgery until after my wedding (I don’t know why but I am).



CoolXChange reached out and it couldn’t have happened at a better time as these cold days really make them ache. I had no idea such a product existed and feel I have been living under a rock in the fitness world.


What is CoolXChange?

We’ll to put it quite simply if you have any sorts of aches, pains or even strains you need it in your life! No but really, it’s a magic compression bandage with cooling gel.

My initial thoughts of this product were - I wasn’t exactly sure how a “wet” compression bandage could actually help and not just slip right off. And then there was an afterthought of having a sticky residue left on my knee to clean off from the cooling gel.

As with most things in life you should never knock it until you try it, and lesson learnt.



The moment I opened up my resealable pack containing my bandage I instantly became obsessed with the cooling gel. It is so much fun and my inner child came out to play opening that pack, reminding me of the slim buckets we used to have as a kid. Felt like slime but when you put it back in the tub your hands were dry, like magic this bandage is exactly the same.



I actually just want to lounge in a bath of this cooling gel stuff on a hot Summers day, I think it’s a genius cure to beating the heat this Summer!

How it ACTUALLY works….

The gel bandage is instantly cooling so it’s perfect for warming up muscles in preparation of a workout or to cool down muscles and speed up recovery after exercise.

This clever little bandage works by advancing the cooling and compression stages of the common first aid treatment R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation).



The gel contains a unique cooling agent (the cool stuff I am obsessed with), which ensures the bandage stays cold at all times, so it can be used straight away - no need to refrigerate. It’s always ready to use when needed most.

The gel is non-sticky and comfortable on the skin without leaving a tacky or damp residue. It is also fragrance free so it won’t irritate sensitive skin.



The part I think I love most is the cooling gel doesn’t need refrigeration and is just cold to go.  After taking my bandage off after an hour I had goosebumps upon goosebumps on my arms.

I am going to use my little CoolXChange after every jog and walk in the next month and will report back with how I go and how much of a difference or help they actually are to my dodgy knees and me.

 Available at Chemist Warehouse, Priceline Pharmacy and most leading pharmacies.