The Body Shop Smoky Poppy- Perfect for Valentines Day

I am quite tempted to dare anybody to suggest a scent from The Body Shop that I won’t like. To this day I have been unable to find a scent from The Body Shop I haven’t liked, I am in love with all their products and scents. 
 
So when I received a surprise package in the mail the other day, I was so excited to see it was from The Body Shop. I was actually having a pretty crappy day and the girls were really testing my limits, so it was a much-needed surprise. 
 

The first thing that caught my eye was the beautiful black box with a deep red poppy on the front, which had me instantly wondering what a poppy would smell like.
 
So without any hesitation I was quick to untie the little black bow at the front and open up my box of goodies. 
 

I later found out this was the Smoky Poppy Selection $39.95 which is apart of their limited edition releases and wont be around for very long.  One of the most seductive ranges ever released by The Body Shop. With the extract of oil-rich poppies, indulge in a burst of blissful moisture.
 
Which contained: 
SmokyPoppy Full Sized Body Butter ($23.95)
Poppy Flower Sponge
Smoky Poppy Shower Gel Full Size($9.95)

 
This is the perfect pack for Valentines Day and even keeps within the traditional colours, although I think the flower is a red rose rather then a red poppy- but I wont lie I would much prefer a bunch of poppies then a bunch of roses. 
 
I will let you know my thoughts on each of these products now I have had some time to play with them and get to know them a little better. 
 
THE SCENT

To start things of I will talk about the scent.
Smoky Poppy collection is infused with real, handpicked poppy flowers from the Ankara region of Turkey. This sensual and indulgent range will leave you longing for more, with a euphoric scent for the ultimate body bliss.
 
And to be totally honest I cant exactly describe the smell of this product but if I were to name a few smells that come to mind it would be almost talc like and reminds me of a baby in some ways, but more sensual that that of talcum powder.
 
Smoky Poppy Full Sized Body Butter ($23.95)
 
This is a fantastic product to bring hydration back to my skin. Summer has come with a cost and that is drying out my legs and making them look flaky and white if I don’t moisturise every morning. 
 

As always The Body Shop’s body butters are thick, creamy and a little bit does go a very long way. I use a pea sized amount for my entire leg from foot to hip., which goes to show how little you need as my legs aren’t that small haha!  Your body is the bread and this product is your butter, go ahead and smother that stuff on J
 
Smoky Poppy Shower Gel Full Size($9.95)
 
Ah the good old shower gel, one of my favourite products from The Body Shop is shower gel as the scent just lingers and lasts on your skin. I would have to say I have found this scent to linger more then any of the others I have tried, and that is a lot.
 

The Smoky Poppy shower gel is dark green and almost looks like the stalks of the plant have been mashed up and used in this gel, but I would be guessing this is the colour the seed would make when extracting the oil from it. 
 
Poppy Flower Sponge
 
The girls tried to steal this pretty little sponge off me before I even had the chance to use it. I heard little footsteps lead out of my blogging room and into the bathroom only to find my little one caught red handed standing at the bath with my sponge in hand! 
 
I love this sponge and so do the girls, visually. When I used it for the first few times I found it hard to use and just didn’t feel right. But after I got the hang for it and realised a little more product was needed then it was ok- not sure I am completely sold on this though.
 
This range is rich, dark, deep, romantic and the list could just go on, which makes it the perfect Valentine’s Day present. I don’t think there is a better gesture then buying something like this for a Mummy as you are suggesting to them to jump into a bath, relax and unwind and have time to debunk and drift away from all the stresses built up inside. 
 
Two thumbs up The Body Shop, and if I had more I would also stick them up as well haha.